Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cillian

Love me... love me not... love me... love me not... love me.. hate me... hate me not.. hate me.... hate me not...

Cillian was ruining her mother's whole garden... She was tearing up all the flowers.. all the red roses that took so long to grow.. all the yellow tulips that fitted in so well with the roses...

The flowers drooped... Cillian spent her whole summer outside.. day and night... outside in the little garden...

No one ever called her back in. No one ever rang the doorbell to her house. No smells of food were ever carried away by the wind. There were no phones that rang in the house... that wanted to talk to Cillian.

The whole house was empty. No furniture... no drawings of a 6 year old girl when she was young... no secret diary hidden under a young girl's bed... if there was a bed...

However... outside the house... on the front lawn.. there was a big sign... a sign that says "For Sale" that's just dangling outside.

He loves me... loves me not... hates me.. hates me not...

Cillian, still tearing up the flowers that are getting less and less as each day comes, stares at the almost empty garden in front of her as tears leak out... more and more tears that leak out as each day comes to her...

"Hello? Anyone here?"

A male's voice.

"Hello?"

Cillian turned her head... and started to walk back into the house... the back door that has been left opened since the past 10 years. Cillian... the 10 year old girl, walked through the house to the front door.

She grasped at the door. The door opened. The male stepped in.

"Hello? Anyone in here?"

Cillian stared at her hands... and waved at the man. The man.. didn't see her. Cillian ... grasped at the door handle again.

She cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment